Membrane Protein Training Event: 3 – 5 April 2019
2nd UK Workshop on Membrane Proteins: Solubilisation and Biophysical Characterisation
University of Leeds | 3 – 5 April 2019
CBMNet are sponsoring this Biochemical Society Training Event, a follow up to the successful workshop “Experimental Techniques for Studying Proteins and Lipids in Biological Membranes” held at Aston University in July – August 2018 (read the event report here).
This three-day training event for early career researchers will focus on the function of biological membranes and on the biophysical techniques available to study their components in the context of biology and biotechnology. The event will comprise lectures, computer and laboratory-based practical sessions. Participants will leave the event with new knowledge and protocols that will allow them to use biophysical techniques for studying components of biological membranes in their research.
- Solubilisation and purification of lipid nanoparticles (SMALPs)
- Structural elucidations, cryo-EM & crystallography
- Spectroscopy of membranes and membrane proteins, circular dichroism & EPR
- Modelling membranes and membrane proteins
- Validation of membrane protein structures
- Lipidomics and membrane protein mass spectroscopy
- Single-molecular and single-enzyme studies of membrane proteins
For more information, and to register, see the Biochemical Society website
Early bird registration closes Friday 8 March 2019