SEPT 2014: CBMNET 1st ANNUAL MEETING
”Thank you very much for organising this first meeting of CBMNet. It was fun, and a really useful way to establish new contacts. Hope to see you again in the near future.” – Hendrik W. Van Veen, University of Cambridge.
Over 100 academics, knowledge exchange professionals and industrialists travelled to The University of Sheffield to attend our pioneering event designed to boost collaboration and innovation. The event kicked off with presentations from GSK, Unilever, Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies and Green Biologics on the ‘Grand challenges in crossing biological membranes’, followed by discussions on research collaboration opportunities in these areas. This was then followed by a conference dinner where more networking took place and exciting novel research ideas developed. The second day saw projects develop in to applications for Proof-of-Concept funding. Watch this space for more further details of the event outcomes!
- Check out photos of the event here
- You can view the attendees list and expertise information here
- View film footage from the event here
- Take a look at ideas generated at the event here
- And you can download the presentations here
Projects that were funded as a result of this event include:
- University of Nottingham and Lucite – Proof of Concept
- University of Sheffield and CPI and Croda – Proof of Concept
- University of York and Green Biologics -Business Interaction Voucher
- University of Lincoln and Green Biologics –Business Interaction Voucher
- University of Sheffield and FujiFilm – Proof of Concept
- University of Edinburgh and FujiFilm – Proof of Concept
- University of York and Unilever – Proof of Concept
”A Great meeting from our perspective; made several contacts which have the promise of worthwhile projects’.’ – Paul Broome, TYG Oncology.