High Value Biorenewables Network – First Scientific Workshop
The first scientific workshop to be organised by the High Value Biorenewables Network is taking place on 17-18 June 2019 at the Bull Hotel and Conference Centre, Westgate, Peterborough, PE1 1RB. This free, residential workshop will explore the current status of genomic technologies and the use of gene tools in relation to High Value Biorenewable Products. The event will include short talks from invited academic and industrial speakers which will highlight key challenges and opportunities in this research area. There will also be the opportunity for delegates to give a short flash presentation relevant to the workshop theme.
HVB Network’s first funding call, due to launch in Summer 2019, will also be linked to this workshop.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jeremy Bartoslak-Jentys, Croda Europe Ltd.
- Sam Brockington, University of Cambridge
- Andrew Collis, GSK
- Ian Graham, University of York
- Ancheng Huang, John Innes Centre
- Marnix Medema, Wageningen University
- Andrew Truman, John Innes Centre
We are now inviting applications to attend this event. Please be aware that places are limited; please read the Event Terms and Conditions (below) before applying for a place. All delegates selected to attend will be required to register as a member of the HVB Network before the workshop takes place.
To apply for a place, please email email@example.com with the details requested below. Please provide a response to every question; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please only apply on your own behalf, applications submitted on behalf of others will not be considered.
- Full Name
- Job title
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
- Please suggest some key challenges for discussion at this event
- Please confirm that you have the permission of your line manager to attend this event and you have read the event terms and conditions (below)
- Optional: If you would be interested in giving a flash presentation, please submit a provisional title
Event terms and conditions:
- Please seek the permission of your line manager before registering to attend this event.
- Please be aware that submission of your registration does not constitute confirmation that a place has been awarded to you.
- Places are limited and may be restricted to ensure a good mix of participants. Participants will be notified of the outcome of their application no later than 13th May 2019. Full details for delegates will be sent separately by email approximately one week before the event is due to take place.
- The University of York will not be held liable for any costs incurred by you prior to a confirmed place being awarded.
- The University of York will not be held liable for costs incurred due to circumstances outside of our control, such as transport delays or late changes in venue availability.
- Delegates will be responsible for any travel and subsistence costs incurred up to the point of their arrival at the event venue and for their return journey at the end of the event.
- This event is free to attend however we ask you to bear in mind that it is paid for using public funds and we have to pay for the full cost of your place whether you attend or not. Non-attendance is a waste of public funds that we could have used to support alternative Network initiatives. Please take time to consider your availability before applying for a place. The following are available free for all delegates if required but are optional: accommodation for the evening of 17th June, workshop dinner on the 17th June and lunch before departure on 18th June. If you do not require any of these optional extras, please indicate when you accept a place, as this will help us manage costs.
- If you are awarded a place at this event but do not attend the workshop without first notifying us, the HVB Network reserves the right to reject future applications from you to attend HVB Network events.