Do you have a great idea for a funded project, but need an industrial or academic partner? We are here to help…
Please note that all funding applications MUST be relevant to Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy (IBBE):
“The use of biological resources for producing and processing materials, chemicals (including pharmaceutical precursors and biopharmaceuticals) and energy. These resources include plants, algae, marine life, fungi and micro-organisms”
For information on the areas of research we will fund please take a look at our remit.
We have several types of funding available:
- Business Interaction Vouchers – BBSRC CBMNet Business Interaction Vouchers are available and provide up to £10,000 to be used to support collaboration between academic partners and industrial partners who are members of CBMNet.
- Proof-of-Concept funding – Calls are made for Proof-of-Concept funds (£5,000-£50,000 per project) to be allocated following specific competition calls and creative (sandpit style) events for CBMNet members.
- Support for Early Career Researchers (ECRs) – We can provide bursaries to allow ECRs to work with academic and industrial partners and to attend and present at relevant conferences.
- Vacation Scholarships – We provide scholarships for undergraduates to carry out research projects (8-10 weeks) within the CBMNet remit. Applications from ECRs are encouraged.
- Open Innovation Meeting Grants – To allow industrial CBMNet members to engage with selected members of CBMNet, in the form of a meeting.
- Industrial-Academic Exchange Grants – To support the development of new teams to transfer knowledge from academia to industry and vice versa.
- Public Engagement Grants – To allow CBMNet members to carry out public engagement activities.
Please take a look at some of the projects we have funded so far.
Please see the table below for current funding opportunities.
|Funding Opportunity||More Details||Amount Available||Closing Date|
|Business Interaction Vouchers||To support collaboration between academic partners and industrial partners||Up to £10,000||NO LONGER AVAILABLE|
|Proof of Concept Funding||To be allocated following specific competition calls and creative (sandpit style) events||Up to £50,000 per project||NO LONGER AVAILABLE|
|Early Career Researcher Grants||Bursaries to allow ECRs to work with academic and industrial partners and to attend and present at relevant conferences||Please contact us||NO LONGER AVAILABLE|
|CBMNet Vacation Scholarships||For undergraduates to carry out research projects (8-10 weeks) within the CBMNet remit||Student stipend of £185 per week for up to 10 weeks; up to £500 consumables||NO LONGER AVAILABLE|
|Open Innovation Meeting Grant||To allow industrial CBMNet members to engage with selected members of CBMNet, in the form of a meeting||Up to £2,000||NO LONGER AVAILABLE|
|Industrial-Academic Exchange Grants||To support the development of new teams to transfer knowledge from academia to industry and vice versa||Up to £1,000||NO LONGER AVAILABLE|
|Public Engagement Grants||To allow CBMNet members to carry out public engagement activities||Up to £500||NO LONGER AVAILABLE|