Do you have a great idea for a funded project, but need an industrial or academic partner? We are here to help…..
We have several types of funding available. For information on the areas of research we will fund please take a look at our THEMES.
Please note that all funding applications MUST be relevant to Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy (IBBE):
What do we mean by industrial biotechnology and bioenergy?
IBBE is the use of biological resources for producing and processing materials, chemicals (including pharmaceutical precursors and biopharmaceuticals) and energy. These resources include plants, algae, marine life, fungi and micro-organisms.
- Business Interaction Vouchers – BBSRC CBMNet Business Interaction Vouchers are available and provide up to £10,000 to be used to support collaboration between academic partners and industrial partners who are members of CBMNet.
- Proof-of-Concept funding – Calls are made for Proof-of-Concept funds (£5,000-£50,000 per project) to be allocated following specific competition calls and creative (sandpit style) events for CBMNet members.
- Support for Early Career Researchers (ECRs) – We can provide bursaries to allow ECRs to work with academic and industrial partners and to attend and present at relevant conferences.
- Vacation Scholarships – We provide scholarships for undergraduates to carry out research projects (8-10 weeks) within the CBMNet remit. Applications from ECRs are encouraged.
- Open Innovation Meeting Grants – To allow industrial CBMNet members to engage with selected members of CBMNet, in the form of a meeting.
- Industrial-Academic Exchange Grants – To support the development of new teams to transfer knowledge from academia to industry and vice versa.
- Public Engagement Grants – To allow CBMNet members to carry out public engagement activities.
Please take a look at some of the projects we have funded so far.
Please see the table below for current funding opportunities.
|Funding oportunity||Details||Amount avaiable||Closing Date||Funder||More details|
|CBMNet Business Interaction Vouchers||CBMNet Business Innovation Vouchers are available and provide £10,000 to be used to support collaboration between academic partners and industrial partners.||up to £10,000||NO LONGER AVAILABLE||CBMNet||BUSINESS INTERACTION VOUCHERS|
|CBMNet Proof-of-Concept funding||Calls are made for proof-of-concept funds (£5,000-£50,000 per project) to be allocated following specific competition calls and creative (sandpit style) events.||up to £50,000 per project||CALL NOW OPEN: Closes 31st March 2017||CBMNet||PROOF OF CONCEPT FUNDING|
|CBMNet Early Career Researcher Grants||We can provide bursaries to allow ECRs to work with academic and industrial partners and to attend and present at relevant conferences.||Please contact us||Please contact us||CBMNet||EARLY CAREER RESEARCHER GRANTS|
|CBMNet Vacation Scholarships||We provide scholarships for undergraduates to carry out research projects (8-10 weeks) within the CBMNet remit.||Student stipend of £185 per week for up to 10 weeks; plus up to £500 consumables||CALL NOW OPEN: Closes 31st March 2017||CBMNet||VACATION SCHOLARSHIPS|
|Open Innovation Meeting Grant||To allow industrial CBMNet members to engage with selected members of CBMNet, in the form of a meeting.||up to £2,000||Please contact us||CBMNet||http://cbmnetnibb.group.shef.ac.uk/funding/open-innovation-meeting-grants/|
|Industrial-Academic Exchange Grants||To support the development of new teams to transfer knowledge from academia to industry and vice versa.||up to £1,000||Please contact us||CBMNet||http://cbmnetnibb.group.shef.ac.uk/funding/industrial-academic-exchange-grants/|
|Public Engagement Grants||To allow CBMNet members to carry out public engagement activities||up to £500||Please contact us||CBMNet||http://cbmnetnibb.group.shef.ac.uk/funding/public-engagement-grants/|