85th Harden Conference – Dynamic Membrane Complexes: Respiration & Transport
We would like to invite you to attend the Biochemical Society’s 85th Harden conference – Dynamic Membrane Complexes: Respiration and Transport to be held on 28 – 31 August 2019 at the Gustav Stresemann Institute in Bonn, Germany.
This interdisciplinary meeting aims to promote free and open discussions on the key topics of respiration and membrane transport together with expert scientists at the forefront of the neighbouring fields of structural biology, protein-protein interactions, dynamic membrane transport and organisation, computational biology and lipid biochemistry.
Current invited speakers include:
- Antoni Barrientos (Miami, USA)
- Peter Brzezinski (Stockholm, S)
- Greg Cook (Dunedin, NZ)
- Karen Davies (Berkeley, USA)
- Carola Hunte (Freiburg, D)
- Nina Morgner (Frankfurt, D)
- Stephen Muench (Leeds, UK)
- Chris Mulligan (Kent, UK)
- Arwen Pearson (Hamburg, D)
- Mark Sansom (Oxford, UK)
- Leonid Sazanov (Vienna, A)
- Dirk Slotboom (Groningen, NL)
- Claudia Steinem (Göttingen, D)
- Robert Tampé (Frankfurt, D)
- Christine Ziegler (Regensburg, D)
Recent advances in advanced biophysical and structural techniques applied to such dynamic membrane complexes means that it is paramount to keep up to date with both method and research developments in these fast moving areas. The fully residential format of this Harden conference will encourage the exchange of the latest data and a critical discussion of the technical challenges that these developments face as well as underpinning future developments.
We aim to provide the ideal platform for both established and especially early career researchers to present their cutting-edge work including substantial opportunities for elevated oral presentations. If you would like to register for this four-day conference and submit an abstract, please visit the event website before 28 June 2019 to receive your registration fee discount. Please feel free to circulate this announcement to any of your colleagues who may also find this of interest.
We do hope you can join us at the conference.
- Amandine Maréchal, University College London / Birkbeck, UK
- Fraser MacMillan, University of East Anglia, UK
- Lars Jeuken, University of Leeds, UK